Ok. You have been vegging around the house for the last 2 or 3 months during the pandemic. Oh Wait, the virus attacks people who are unhealthy. You need ways of keeping fit and not having to pay an overpriced gym. membership.So here is a list of sports for under $50.
Honorable mention Biking minus the helmet and the lock a bike only runs $59.
9. All you need is a racket and a set of balls. You will need about $25 dollars to get started on this sport. And to practice you just need a wall. Most public parks that have tennis courts have these.
8. Skateboarding your out of pocket expense is only $20. And great transportation around town for those college years.
7. For $19 you can take up a gentlemanly game of Croquet. You won’t lose a lot of calories from this game, but who wants to sweat.
6. A Tennis Racket is $14 and a can of tennis balls are $2. A great sport for building upper and lower arm muscles.
5.Handballs are about $11 a pack. All this takes is a wall. Easily found at any tennis court. Great way to build up some upper arm muscle.
4. Basketball is only out of pocket for $10 and you can go to any public court and practice your lay ups and jump shots while waiting for a game of one on one.
3. Running/Walking a good comfortable pair of shoes don’t have to run you more than $10 but you can go get American made New Balance for Under $50 and those will last you two years.
2. Badminton is wow, only $5 for a set. No need for expensive courts or trying to find a city court to use. Just go to your closest park and enjoy some time getting exercise and seeing some lush greenery.
- Swimming can be done easily provided you live close to a fresh water lake absent of gators, water moccasins and spiders.